How to submit to confetti
We accept original works from writers for sharing on confetti without claiming exclusive publication rights.** Writers retain full copyright. This is a place to share your writing.
The following categories are considered:
– Short stories up to 7,000 words
– Novellas up to 15,000 words*
– Non-fiction up to 15,000 words*
– Flash fiction pieces up to 1,000 words
– Microfiction pieces up to 100 words; 1–3 pieces may be submitted in a single document
– Poetry up to 6 pages, maximum 3 poems per submission
– Plays not exceeding 30 minutes*
* Longer pieces may be published serially across editions.
Previously published pieces are allowed. Please credit where and when first published.
Prose should be double-spaced, in 12-point font (we recommend Times New Roman). Standard Manuscript Format is preferred.
We accept the following document formats: .doc, .docx, .odt, .rtf, .txt
Email your submission to email@example.com with the subject “confetti submission” and attach your document. In the body of your email please provide:
– Type of piece (fiction, non-fiction, poetry, etc.)
– Word count (for prose)
– Your name
– Your location (city/town, state/province, country)
Send only one submission at a time. You may submit again after you have received a response from us. Please allow 4–5 weeks past the submission deadline for us to review your work. We may respond sooner if we can.
** Somers Library, our sponsor, may use contributions to confetti for promotional purposes. Click or tap here to see their terms and conditions.
© 2021 Westchester Writers Workshop All rights reserved. confetti™