How to submit to confetti
We accept original works from writers for sharing on confetti without claiming exclusive publication rights.** Writers retain full copyright. This is a place to share your work.
The following writing submission categories are considered:
– Short stories up to 7,000 words
– Novelettes up to 15,000 words
– Non-fiction up to 15,000 words
– Flash fiction up to 1,000 words
– Microfiction pieces up to 100 words; 1–3 pieces may be submitted in a single document
– Poetry up to 6 pages, maximum 3 poems per submission
– Plays not exceeding 30 minutes
Simultaneous submissions are allowed. Notify us as soon as possible if your submitted piece is accepted elsewhere.
Reprints of previously published pieces are considered. Please credit where and when first published.
Prose should be double-spaced, in 12-point font (we recommend Times New Roman). Proper Manuscript Format (Shunn) is preferred.
We accept the following document formats: .doc .docx .odt .rtf
Email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “confetti submission” and attach your document.
In the body of your email please provide:
– Type of piece (fiction, non-fiction, poetry, etc.)
– Word count, for prose
– Your name
– Your location
Send only one submission at a time. You may submit again after you have received a response from us. Please allow 4–5 weeks past the submission deadline for us to review your work. We may respond sooner if we can.
** Somers Library, our sponsor, may use contributions to confetti for promotional purposes. Click or tap here to see their terms and conditions.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE *
* Submission deadlines end at 11:59 PM (23:59) US Eastern time.
© 2021–2023 Westchester Writers Workshop All rights reserved. confetti™