Patron and User Generated Web Content – Terms and Conditions
Somers Library and its affiliates (including the Westchester Writers Workshop) encourage patrons and visitors to become involved in interactive portions of our website, by participating in online discussions and submission of content. Before you participate in these activities, however, we ask that you keep the following in mind:
- Patrons and visitors who provide content to the Somers Library for its website are granting Somers Library a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable license to use such material.
- In most cases, Somers Library will only use this material on its website, but Somers Library reserves the right to also use this material in other ways, such as in promotional materials created about the Library and on third-party websites on which the Library promotes its services, collections and/or activities. In each instance, you agree that Somers Library may use your content for these purposes without making any payments to you. If you are not willing to grant Somers Library these rights, please do not contribute content to our site.
- Please make sure that any content you contribute does not infringe on the rights of any third party. For example, if you upload a drawing or a photo, please make sure that you are the creator of the artwork/photo. Do not contribute content to which you don’t own the rights.
- By entering your submission via either the website or email, you agree that you will only submit your own work. You shall not submit anything that is illegal, offensive, discriminatory, inappropriate, purposefully false or misleading, or that violates anyone’s privacy or infringes on their copyrights. Somers Library reserves the right to edit or delete user submissions that violate this agreement or other Library policies.
- Please also remember to exercise good judgment when contributing written material or other content. On the website, confetti, and in comment sections, for example, the Library prohibits comments that are offensive or objectionable to others, that use inappropriate language or that is off-topic. We do reserve the right to reject or delete user comments/content in a manner consistent with our mission and policies. We also ask that you do not insert your own or a third party’s advertising, branding or other promotional content into any of your comments/content.
- Somers Library is not responsible for any of the patron-generated comments/content that appears on our websites.
Somers Library and its affiliates make no guarantee that your submission will be used in its collections or on its websites. Your submissions to confetti are made voluntarily and you agree that nothing in this agreement represents an offer of employment with the Somers Library or entitles you to any compensation whatsoever.
Some formatting changes may be made to submissions in order to fit web design perimeters, but every effort will be made to retain the artistic integrity of your work.
© 2021–2023 Westchester Writers Workshop All rights reserved. confetti™